Monday, June 1, 2009

Update Letter From Kate

It's about midnight here in Bethesda and Tim just got out of surgery a while ago. He is doing okay. We're not sure exactly how it went yet, but so far, things look good. He is very swollen, but is actually able to talk. They didn't have to wire the jaw shut, thank goodness!We got to be with him while he was in recovery and he is now back in his own room up on the 5th floor. The staff here is AMAZING and is taking great care of him. Today was a much better day than yesterday. His spirits were up and he was joking around a lot. You know Rick...always making Tim laugh and chuckle. They say laughter is the best medicine, so we're working on that part! I got to see that ADORABLE smile of his today. It made my day, no actually, it made my week. It's been really tough, but I'm so happy to be here with him and finally have him in my arms. Well, not technically in my arms because I can't squeeze him too tight! Just tons and tons of kisses :)  I sat at his bedside today and we talked for a while. It's so nice to finally be with him again. I didn't think this depolyment would end this way, but at least he is stateside. We were able to meet Sgt Peters' family this evening which was really nice. Sgt Peters was in an accident with the medical team on their way to get Tim after the explosion. We chatted with them for a bit in the waiting room while we were waiting for Tim's surgery to be completed. They are all such nice people. It's time for me to get back and sit with my love, but I just wanted to send an update. Please keep those prayers coming...God has really taken care of Tim and answered our prayers. Thanks to everyone for all the support and love, it's overwhelming and SO MUCH appreciated. We'll keep you posted with anything else!

Love Kate

3 comments:

  1. So happy to hear that he is doing well! Timmy keep up the good work. Vicki, Rick, RJ, and Kate I'm so glad that the USMC took care of gathering all of you together. Nothing could help him to heal faster than having the ones you love with you.

    HUA (Hooah). Oh I'm sorry that's Army :)

    Love always,
    Cris Robillos
    Proud wife of a Retired Veteran

    2 Corinthians 1:3-5
    Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. 5For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, Katers, and I'm so proud of you! Very thankful that you are able to be there with your Tim! Praying for you, too! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for keeping us posted Kate - I'm so happy you all get to be there with him. Love you - Ali

    ReplyDelete