Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Five Days Home

Can you believe it we have been home for five days and I am still trying to catch up on sleep.  Tim is doing so well.  He gets fustrated easy only because he can't workout, he is obsessed with Cross Fit and is just aching to get back to the workouts.  That is probably going to be the hardest thing for me,  keeping him down.  The doctor says take it easy so all the wounds can heal and he fights me on that.  Remember I am the MOM and I normally win. Three doctor appts down and unsure how many more to go.  Dad and Tim went and bought a new X-Box so that is the best way for me to keep him down, he still makes his comments "man I just want to go workout."  His drive is great but I just want him to heal all the way before he hurts himself.  We have had a lot of support and friends stopping by and that has just shown us all how much he is loved.  Thank you all for your support. 
 
Here is a picture of Tim acting funny which is nothing new.  I am so glad his spirit is in tack.  His smile is back and so is his humor. 
 
The Friday before we left we were invited to the Eight and I Barracks to watch The Marine Corps Silent Drill Team and listen to the Marine Corp Band andDrum and Bugle Corp.  Tim was honored that night and that was unexpected but so enjoyable.  So much brass WOW even Rick was excited.  After his 8 years in the Corp this was just so exciting for him. We visited with a few Sgt Majors and their wives of course they were dressed very nicely and me in my Marine Mom sweatshirt and Capri's just felt very out of place.  We had drinks and appetizers and we visited with Lt General John W. Bergman and also The Honorable John M, Mchugh who is the 23rd Congressional District of New York.   
 
Tim and Rick received so many coins from so many high ranking Marines.  He has 8 new coins, of course the presidents coin get him free drinks on base but Dad said it is not leaving the house.  No telling where is might wind up. 
 
This was one of the most horrifying things to have happened to all of us, but so many wonderful things came out of it all.  Tim was just amazed at all the people that came to visit him and just felt overwhelmed.  We are all very glad to be home with family and friends. 
 
Love to all thanks again.
 
Vicki a very proud Marine Mom





4 comments:

  1. He looks great! We are going to keep praying for him to do better and better each day.
    Blessings,
    The Silva family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Timmer.
    Wow I am so happy of your progress, you still fight me sometimes. I know you want to get up and workout (CROSSFIT) but just not yet. Be glad I am letting you go to the meeting Thursday night, maybe cuz I am going with you. Just heal sweatheart its the long term years down the road that I am concerned with. Remember I love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey baby, you still continue to amaze me on how well you are doing and it makes me so happy to see your progress. I'm so very proud of you and always remember I'm here by your side...no matter what. I love you

    Kate

    P.S. Love the pic...the first time you wore those wasn't so funny, but this time it's funny LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

    ReplyDelete