Sunday, May 31, 2009

Update From Vicki

Well we are here at National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda MD.  What a facility, it is very nice and the staff is even better.  We could not want for anything.  The Marine Corp is helping keep all of us very happy.  Tim is doing better, he still has a very long road ahead.  He is scheduled for surgery today to repair his jaw which has a few broken bone fragments they told us they will try to put it all back together and place a plate in to secure.  He also has some broken teeth they are not sure if they will fix the same time or at a later date.  This surgery should take about 3-6 hours it just depends.  The talk is they may do it later tonight or even in the morning they had to take another pt and his injuries are worse.  So we will just see what happens.  He has numerous lacerations as we said before, but he is here with us and safe and I am not going to let him out of my site for quite awhile.
 
Also, a update about the other men involved.  The other 3 were sent back to there units and doing great small injuries have not received to much info on any of them.  But the two men listed on Tim's blog and in the emails past, one was a medic and the other a driver on the way to get Tim and had a terrible accident, they flipped their vehicle.  So this is were Chief Bennett and Sgt Peters come in to this horrifying incident.
 
This is truly something I would never want for any parent.  I have been very strong just when I start to lose it Kate or Rick start so as a mother I suck it up and keep them on the positive side and hide the rest.  I don't know what I am going to do when they both leave.  Rick's mom said she would come and help me.  Being on the crutches are a little difficult but I doing great.  I have my son close by.
 
Thanks for all your prayers and also for adding comments on Tim's blog.  We have told him about it and he is looking forward to reading them.  If you have a problem posting there is a e-mail you can send to and Debbie will add it for you.
 
Again Thank you
 
A VERY PROUD MARINE MOM
 

1 comment:

  1. To My Other Mom And Dad,

    I love you both oh so very much! You guys are strong and will make it through all of this. I was just thinking about the time Tim And Rick had smashed Ryans face in the pie case at Bakersquare. Wow what a good time. Anyways love you guys and Tim. And will see you soon!

    ReplyDelete